The boldness of my work can also be related to the Southern character. Beyond the well-kept exterior and femininity of a Southern woman, like my work, the women of the South can be strong, creative and playful.
I first started painting at a very early age, I was always creating something at the kitchen table making sculptures out of colored homemade play dough, I loved playing with spin art and water colors. I use to put food coloring in my lemonade to sell at my lemonade stand. I loved playing with color!
I knew at a young age I would be an artist the path had chosen me I can’t imagine doing anything else. In high school I had more paintbrushes in my back pack then pencils! I was awarded to attend governors honor’s program in high school, I was also rewarded a scholarship to SCAD and then went on to attend Atlanta College of art. I sold my first paintings at age 18 to IBM a huge milestone for me.
I also had the opportunity to live and paint in England for four years I had my own studio and worked with other international artist. I was exposed to many museums and gallery’s. The Tate Modern and Saatchi Gallery were some of my favorites I would visit them frequently. And although the work there was edgy It helped me loosen up my own work. I started going to fabric stores and wonderful paper shops and it was there that I started really layering my work with these materials.
I am grateful everyday that I have the oppurtunity to get up each morning and paint and have been able to make it a full time career.
- Savannah College of Art and Design
- Atlanta College of Art
- Anne Irwin Fine Art (2014, 2015)
- Atelier Gallery (2012,2013,2014,2015)
- Shain Gallery (2005, 2007 – 2015)
- Studio E gallery (2006)
- Jules Place Boston (2005,2006,2007,2008,2010,2014)
- Pryor Fine Art Atlanta, Ga. (2005,2006,2008, 2011)
- Saks Fith Ave (2008, 2010)
- Ann Jacob Gallery , Atlanta, Ga. (2000, 2001)
- Neiman Marcus , Atlanta, Ga. (2001,2002,2003)
- 2000 Heart Ball , Sea Island, Ga.(Featured Artist)
- 2002 Heart Ball , Atlanta, Ga.(Featured Artist)
- Bennett Gallery , Nashville, Tenn (2003)
- Beverly Mc Neil , Destin, Fl. (2002,2003)
- Fogel Fine Art , Jacksonville, Fl. (2002)
- River Gallery , Chattanooga, Tenn. (2001)
- Monty Stabler Galleries, Birmingham, Al. (1999, 2000, 2002, 2003,2005)
- Trinity Artist Market Atlanta, GA.(1998, 1999, 2000, 2001,2008,2009)
- Celebrates the Arts (Artist Favorite Award) Calaway Gardens, Ga. (1998)
- Wimbledon Art Studios, London, England (2002)
- Bettie Morton Gallery, London, England (2002)
- Wills Art Warehouse, Christmas show, London, England (2002)
- Totally Essential, London, England (2003, 2004)
- Decorators Showhouse (2005) 225 West Paces Ferry Road Atlanta
- Young Audiences Celebrate the arts Gala (2004,2005,2006)
- Georgia Botantical Garden ball 2006
- Anne Irwin Fine Art, Atlanta, Ga.
- Shain Gallery, Charlotte, N.C.
- Jules Place, Boston, Mass
- Atelier Galleries, Charleston, S.C.
- Studio E. Gallery. Palm Beach, Florida.
- Christopher Hill Gallery, St. Helena, California
Corporate & private collections
- Emily Giffin, New York Times bestselling author
- Dr. Nancy Snyderman, NBC
- I.B.M., Atlanta, GA
- N.A.L.L. Association, Vence, France
- King and Spalding, Atlanta,Ga.
- Fish and Richardson, Atlanta,Ga.
- SPANX, Atlanta, Ga.